Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yes...a bunch of challenges it is.

I live in a home with lots of children ranging from little to teens with a whole bunch of  in between. Each day I wake up hoping the day is going to be full of " Awe" and "Ooooo" but frequently I get lots and lots of "AAAAHHHH" and "Grrrrrrrrr" and UGH!". I hope for the sparkling sounds of laughter to tinkle through the air and find more than I like that the sounds blasting through are more like SLAM!, Stomp, "WAHHHHHH", "MooOOOooom!",  which all have a different feel and level of desire than the sweet and loving sounds of the perfect family scenario I conjured up in my head many years ago when I was still young enough to believe my fantasies of the future took little more effort than dreaming them up. haha...jokes on me.

Listen as I choke that humble pie down....Yes, "LOVE" DOES take work. dang it! It really is service and sacrifice just like the old people said it was way back when I was smarter than everyone else...

Now my world is filled with teens and children who let me know all about myself; my flaws, my weaknesses and short comings. They clue me in on my fashion flubs and hairdo misses. They swing me around like a rag doll emotionally. I guess that's their job. My job is to take it, to lead, to love, and to endure the ravages of young perspective. and so I do.

They trick me, my children. They turn on the charm, the cuteness, the sweet, the vulnerable, which I fall for hook like and sinker, then they turn into miniature 'Godzilla" type tornadoes which bulldoze their way through my house and across my heart.

Here, I intend to voice my feelings, observations, triumphs and challenges. After all, I'm out numbered by young people who aren't really so interested in how much I can say and verbally share, they're more in search of how much I can listen, watch, and serve. So, here, here, is where I can pour out my thoughts and concerns over the ten young people I have a real responsibility and love for in this world...the ten keys to my heart. This is where I will lay out a bunch of challenges...and hopefully successes to them.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment